It is a no-brainer at this time that social media is really important for any brand that needs to be make its mark. Any company or brand should have aFacebook page which would provide them an ability to engage users in a meaningful and engaging conversations.
As per Facebook policy “Profiles (timelines) represent individuals and must be held under an individual name, while Pages allow an organization, business, celebrity, or band to maintain a professional presence on Facebook. You may only create Facebook Pages to represent real organizations of which you are an authorized representative.
In addition, Pages are managed by admins who have personal Facebook profiles (timelines). Pages are not separate Facebook accounts and do not have separate login information from your profile (timeline). They are merely different entities on our site, similar to how Groups and Events function. Once you have set up a Page within your profile (timeline), you may add other admins to help you manage this Page. People who choose to connect to your Page won’t be able to see that you are the Page admin or have any access to your personal account.”
Facebook pages provide:
1. Detailed analytic reports that allows page admin to track how many users are interacting with the page.
2. Recently Facebook introduced a new parameter “Talking about this” which tells the user of the page how many users are actively interacting with the page.
3. A Facebook profile can have a maximum of 5000 friends however there can be unlimited numbers of users who Like ( in essence subscribe) the page
4. Facebook page can be used to share information with users and allow them to have engaging conversations with the users.
5. Third party applications can be added to a Facebook page to provide customized functionality.
So Facebook provides many facilities to a page which it does not provide to a private profile and it really it important for brands to create a page and not a Facebook profile. Let me know what you think by providing a feedback/ comments.